Heavy industry offer many different career options for those who love to get their hands dirty and don’t want to spend their days inside an office. Working in these sectors requires certain skills and qualifications. Education and Training Leader – Major Training Group offer courses covering a broad range of scope, including heavy vehicle training, mining courses, high risk courses, civil construction, industry short courses and qualifications – traineeships and apprenticeships.
Major Training Group
Major Training Group offers training in Qld, throughout Australia and overseas and was founded in 1998. Diversifying from a plant hire/transport business gave Major the credentials to grow into one of the state’s largest RTOs, specialising in training for the logistics, construction, transport and mining industries. Courses at Major Training are offered with a variety of options to suit individual circumstances and allow students to complete all necessary requirements in their own time.
Some of the courses Major Training has on offer include:
- Heavy Vehicle Training – MR, HR, HC, MC
- Dump Truck Training
- High-Risk Licences – Forklift, Cranes, EWP, Dogging, Rigging, Scaffolding
- Plant operator ticketing, VOC’s
- Telehandler training and ticketing
- White Card training
- Industry Short courses
- Customised Training
- Tailored Training Solutions
You can view all of our courses by clicking the Courses tab above.
Major Training Group proudly offer training at our sites as well as yours, in and around Brisbane as well as Qld and Australia wide, delivering on location around the state and country as required. Whether you live in the Gold Coast region, in Brisbane or further north towards the Sunshine Coast, or Western region towards Ipswich and Toowoomba there is sure to be a training location near you.
Training Solutions for Employers
Major Training offers a variety of training solutions for employers and large corporate organisations. From pre-employment assessments and on-site training, we deliver verification of competency (VOC) and tailored training solutions and have the skills and staff to help you reach your skilling and training competency needs and expectations.
At Major we can tailor a training solution for you to suit your individual requirements. In the past we have created training programs for:
- Market/logistics organisations – including Pick and Pack, Manual Handling, Whitecards, Customer Contact and Completing workplace documentation, hygiene, communication in the workplace
- Chain of Responsibility – for managers, schedulers, drivers, storepersons, and anyone in between
- Heavy Vehicle Machine recovery – arranged on a site-specific basis
- Certificate IV OH&S, incorporating zero harm and other company specific policies and procedures
- Flood recovery project – Plan and Prepare; Pre-Operational checks; Water Carts; Load, Transport and distribute water; Carry out driver maintenance; Clean up.
- TMR – Transform project – up and down the coast of Qld – Truck driver training, including skill set training from Certificate III in Driving operations. This was the second year that we had been a part of this program.
For more advice on the courses or services offered by Major Training Group, contact one of our friendly staff today by calling 1300 790 822.