Major Training has been working closely with YourTown to provide training to students who are wanting to upskill themselves and changes their lives and we need your help!
This program is through the ‘Skilling Queenslanders for Work Program’ which is funded proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government. Skilling Queenslanders for Work provides skills development, training and job opportunities to unemployed, disengaged or disadvantaged Queenslanders through a suite of targeted skills and training programs
As part of the collaboration, students have completed a Certificate III in Warehousing Operations (with Forklift Ticket) and as part of this training are required to undertake 15 – 25 hrs per week for 2 weeks of work placement.
We are seeking work experience opportunities in providing quality practical training in a safe working environment for our valued students in the Logan/South Brisbane/Dinmore Qld areas.
Some skills taught in our training program include:
- TLIF1001A Follow occupational health and safety procedures
- TLIL1001A Complete workplace orientation/induction procedures
- BSBCUS301B Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- TLIA3015A Complete receival/despatch documentation
- TLIA3016A Use inventory systems to organise stock control
- TLIA3018A Organise despatch operations
- TLIA3019A Organise receival operations
- TLIA3038A Control and order stock
- TLIA3039A Receive and store stock
- TLIE3002A Estimate/calculate mass, area and quantify dimensions
- TLIE3004A Prepare workplace documents
- TLIE3012A Consolidate manifest documentation
- TLIG3002A Lead a work team or group
- TLIO2021A Follow security procedures when working with goods and cargo
- TLILIC2001A Licence to operate a forklift truck
- TLIA1001A Secure cargo
- TLID1001A Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
This Skilling Queenslanders for Work project is proudly funded and supported by the Queensland Government
If you require some extra hands around the place and can help some students with work placement, give us a call!
Contact Tracey Ward Placement Coordinator at MyPath Education & Major Training Group
D (07) 3489 7700 M 0410 316 132 E email@example.com