RIIMPO319E Conduct backhoe/loader operations
Earn your backhoe ticket and get valuable building and construction industry experience with Major Training.
If you’re looking for comprehensive backhoe training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, our knowledgeable team provides hands-on training at simulated site facilities throughout South East Queensland.
OBJECTIVE OF THE BACKHOE COURSE
A backhoe ticket is a nationally recognised unit of competency that’ll give you the skills to operate a backhoe on a construction or building site. Having a backhoe ticket will qualify you for jobs in transport, mining, and agriculture.
DELIVERY OF THE BACKHOE COURSE
Major Training offers an easy-to-access three-day backhoe operator training course. Learn in a real-life construction setting and become qualified for backhoe operations with the course below.
THE BACKHOE COURSE INCLUDES
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Practical training recorded in a practical skills logbook
- Written and practical assessments conducted on completion of formal training
- All training materials, machinery and a hi-vis vest.
After completing the training, our assessment includes a closed book written theory test and a comprehensive practical test using our machinery.
A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to students on successful completion of the course.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the construction industry.
To enrol in the backhoe course, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site. Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long sleeves, and pants).
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL. Students may also qualify for credit transfer if they can demonstrate prior qualifications and/or statements of attainment. You can learn more about credit transfer and RPL here.
The backhoe ticket course is a unit of competency from RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations). Successful completion of the backhoe course could count towards achieving this qualification.
The cost of this three-day course is $995, which includes all learning and assessment resources, access to the machinery and entry into the facility.
By earning your backhoe ticket with Major Training, you’ll be trained in the safe and effective operation of a backhoe. Successful students will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
If you’re looking for backhoe training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, we can arrange a training program to suit your needs. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.