RIIMPO318F Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
Earn your skid steer ticket with Major Training and get valuable building and construction industry experience. You’ll learn from our knowledgeable team in a well-maintained fleet of modern vehicles and get hands-on skid steer training at our simulated site facilities throughout Queensland.
A skid steer is also commonly referred to as a bobcat which is a brand of skid steer. The RIIMPO318F Conduct Civil Construction Skid Steer Loader Operations course will cover you to operate a bobcat.
OBJECTIVE OF THE SKID STEER/BOBCAT COURSE
Getting your skid steer ticket with Major Training will earn you a nationally recognised unit of competency that’ll give you the skills to operate a bobcat. Skid steers are used in earthmoving, transport, mining and agriculture.
A skid steer ticket or a bobcat ticket is a valuable unit of competency, opening your horizons to a wide range of employment opportunities. With a skid steer ticket, you may find yourself on a building site, a mining operation or even working with a commercial landscaping company.
DELIVERY OF THE SKID STEER/BOBCAT COURSE
Major Training offers a three-day bobcat operator training course. Learn in a real-life construction setting and become qualified for skid steer operations with the course below.
THE SKID STEER/BOBCAT COURSE INCLUDES
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Practical training recorded in a practical skills logbook
- Written and practical assessments conducted on completion of formal training
- All training materials, machinery and a hi-vis vest.
After the completion of training, our assessments include a closed book written theory test and a comprehensive practical test using our machinery.
A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to students on successful completion of the course.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the construction industry.
To enrol in the bobcat course, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site. Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long sleeves and pants).
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL. Please contact us for more information about experienced operator options. Students with prior qualifications and/or statements of attainment may also be eligible for Credit Transfer. You can learn more about RPL and credit transfer here.
The skid steer course is a unit of competency from RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations). Successful completion of the course could count towards achieving this qualification.
The cost of the three-day course is $995, which includes all learning and assessment resources, access to the machinery and entry into the facility.
By completing your bobcat licence operator training with us, you’ll be trained in the safe and effective operation of skid steer. Successful students will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of your previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
Whether you require skid steer training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, we can arrange a training program to suit your needs. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.