CPC40110 CERTIFICATE IV IN BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION (BUILDING)
The CPC40110 Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) from Major Training is designed to meet the needs of builders and managers of small to medium-sized building businesses. Occupational titles may include:
• Construction Manager
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry. The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CERTIFICATE IV IN BUILDING AND CONSTRUCTION (BUILDING)
This qualification can open up entry-level & experienced job opportunities such as a Builder or Construction Manager.
SKILL SETS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Manage small business finances
- Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise building projects
- Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- Plan building or construction work
- Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
- Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
Major Training Group courses offer flexible and easy to access options with an emphasis on quality and customer service.
- Delivery at your workplace to minimise employee downtime
- Self-paced learning with a combination of written and practical assessment
- Delivery over a 6-24 month time frame, available to start throughout the year
- Potential recognition of prior learning that will reduce study time or lead to more advanced skills within the same time frame.
- More career opportunities and upskilling and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised Qualification
You may be able to fast track your learning. Your life experience, past education or industry training could qualify you for RPL. Applications are available through Major Training Group. See our RPL page for more detail.
Funding support and employer incentives may be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program if the relevant criteria are met.
Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy.
For more information about possible funding support call Major Training Group today.