RIIMPO323E Conduct civil construction dozer operations
Major Training delivers high-quality and reliable training solutions to get you competent for bulldozer operations. Expand your job potential with our dozer operator training and earn valuable construction experience.
Learn from our expert team and get practical training in a well-maintained fleet of construction vehicles at our simulated site facilities throughout Ipswich, Brisbane and the Sunshine Coast. We’ll make sure you get the skills you need to make your next move in the industry.
OBJECTIVE OF THE DOZER COURSE
Major Training’s bulldozing course is a nationally recognised unit of competency that’ll give you the skills to operate a dozer on a construction site or building site. It can lead to jobs in transport, mining and agriculture.
DELIVERY OF THE DOZER COURSE
Major Training offers a three-day dozer operator training course. Learn in a real-life construction setting and become qualified for bulldozer operations with the course below.
THE DOZER COURSE INCLUDES
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Practical training recorded in a practical skills logbook
- Written and practical assessments conducted on completion of formal training
- All training materials, machinery and a hi-vis vest are provided.
After the completion of training, our assessments include a closed book written theory test and a comprehensive practical test using our machinery.
A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to students on successful completion of the course.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the construction industry.
To enrol in the dozer course, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site. Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long sleeves, and pants).
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL. Please contact us for more information about experienced operator options.
If you have prior qualifications and/or statements of attainment, you may also be eligible for credit transfer. You can learn more about credit transfer here.
The dozer training is a unit of competency from RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations). Successful completion of the dozer course could count towards achieving this qualification.
The cost of the three-day course is $995, which includes all learning and assessment resources, access to the machinery and entry into the facility.
By completing your bulldozer licence training with us, you’ll be trained in the safe and effective operation of a bulldozer. Successful students will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
STUDENT SUPPORT OUTCOMES
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of your previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
Contact Our Team
We offer courses and training programs across Queensland, including major metro areas such as Ipswich, the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.