CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
The CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry from Major Training lays the foundation for a career in carpentry. This qualification provides a trade outcome in this growing industry, covering work in both residential and commercial applications.
Our carpentry apprenticeship course units are led by industry professionals and conducted in a real or accurately simulated workplace environment.
Training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
Your CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry will help you develop recognisable skills you can use to begin your career.
Occupational titles may include:
- Carpenter and joiner
Objective of the Carpentry Apprenticeship
Construction in Queensland is booming and structural trades like carpentry are in demand. The CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry is the qualification necessary for opening up entry-level and experienced job opportunities such as leading hands, site supervisors, builders and trade trainers.
EXAMPLE OF SKILLS COVERED:
- Using carpentry tools and equipment
- Carrying out general demolition of minor building structures
- Carrying out levelling operations
- Working effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Carrying out concreting to simple forms
- Applying WHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- Constructing ceiling frames
- Erecting roof trusses.
- We develop customised carpentry apprenticeship training plans in person with the employer and the student, ensuring your apprentice is learning the right skills for your business
- We provide education and coaching to employers around the carpentry apprenticeship hours of supervision ratio and requirements
- We work in partnership with Australian Apprenticeship Networks
- We will train theory and practical skills onsite with your apprentice
- We only employ industry-current trainers/assessors
- We offer support to employers for performance management of apprentices as required
- More career opportunities, upskilling and productivity gains
- Carpentry apprenticeships and traineeships across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine coast, Morayfield, Ipswich, South East Queensland and North Queensland.
DELIVERY OPTIONS & OUTCOMES
- Assessment includes combination of knowledge, skills observation and employer reports
- Available to start throughout the year
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion
- More information available in our student handbook.
While there are no formal carpentry apprenticeship requirements for a CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry, if it’s done through a carpentry apprenticeship, the learner must be employed full-time or part-time. They must also have access to a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the Unit of Competency requirements.
People entering the workforce to undertake an apprenticeship in the construction sector may have some prior skills or Statements of Attainment. These may be recognised through our recognition process and are delivered through SRTO requirements, including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record.
- Delivery model is face-to-face every 6 weeks at your site or ours (as agreed in the training plan)
- Carpentry apprenticeship arrangements are over a nominal term of 48 months (criteria applies)
- Carpentry apprenticeship probation: 90 days.
CREDIT TRANSFER AND /OR RPL
- Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL
- Students with prior qualifications or statements of attainment may be eligible for credit transfer
- Read more here.
Did you know the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers if your apprentice completes a CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry?
Eligible employers may receive the following government incentives*:
- $1,300 – Within the first 6 months
- $2,500 – Upon completion of the course
- $4,000 – For apprentices over 25 at 12 months.
Additional incentives you may be eligible for:
- $750 – On commencement (6 months) and upon completion – for mature-aged workers over 45
- $750 – On commencement (6 months) and upon completion – for school-based incentive
- $1,000 – Rural and regional skills shortage paid at 12 months.
*These employee incentives are not available under C3G funding.
Funding support and employer incentives may be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program if the relevant criteria are met.
Funding & Fees
For further information on funding and fees please click here.