CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry
The CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry from Major Training is designed to lay the foundations for a career in this growth industry with a Certificate III in Carpentry. This qualification provides a trade outcome in carpentry, covering work in residential and commercial applications. Occupational titles may include:
- Carpenter and joiner
Training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
OBJECTIVE of the Carpentry Apprenticeship
This qualification can open up entry-level & experienced job opportunities such as Leading hands, Site supervisors, Builders or Trade trainers.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for an apprentice pathway the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the Unit of Competency requirements.
People entering the workforce to undertake an Apprenticeship in the construction sector , they may have minimal or some prior skills or Statements of Attainment which may be recognised through our recognition process. Delivered through SRTO requirements including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record
EXAMPLE OF SKILLS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Use carpentry tools and equipment
- Carry out general demolition of minor building structures
- Carry out levelling operations
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Carry out concreting to simple forms
- Apply OHS requirements, policies, and procedures in the construction industry
- Construct ceiling frames
- Erect roof trusses
- We develop customised Apprentice Training Plans face to face with the employer and the student to ensure your apprentice is learning the right skills for your business
- We provide education & coaching to employers around the supervision ratio & requirements
- We work in partnership with Australian Apprenticeship Networks
- We will train theory and practical skills onsite with your apprentice
- We only employ Industry current trainer/assessors
- We offer support to employers for performance management of apprentices as required
- More career opportunities and upskilling and productivity gains
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine coast, Morayfield, Ipswich & South East Queensland.
DELIVERY OPTIONS & OUTCOMES
- Delivery model is face to face every 6 weeks approximately at your site or ours as agreed in the training plan
- Assessment includes combination of knowledge, skills observation and employer reports
- Apprenticeship arrangements are over a Nominal Term: 48 Months, criteria applies.
- Apprenticeship Probation: 90 days
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Nationally Recognised Qualification upon successful completion
- More information available in our Student handbook
CREDIT TRANSFER AND /OR RPL
- Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL
- Students with prior Qualifications and/or Statements of attainment may be eligible for Credit Transfer
- Read more here
FUNDING & FEES
Did you know that the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers, if your apprentice completes a Certificate III in Carpentry?
Eligible employers may receive the following government incentives:
Additional incentives you may be eligible for:
*These employees’ incentives are not available under C3G funding.
Funding support and employer incentives may be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program if the relevant criteria are met. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. User Choice and self-funded options with up to 12 months interest free are also available. For course fees, please enquire.