RII30915 Certificate III in Civil Construction
The Certificate III in Civil Construction from Major Training is designed to cover the skills and knowledge to work effectively as a skilled operator working in civil construction.
The qualification applies to specialist occupations within the civil construction industry. Major Training Group deliver the following streams: Bridge Construction and Maintenance, Pipe Laying, Road Construction and Maintenance, Road Marking, and Civil Construction general occupations.
OBJECTIVE of the Civil Construction Traineeship
The Certificate III in Civil Construction specifies the competencies required for employment as a skilled operator working with civil construction, who applies a broad range of skills in a varied work context, using some discretion and judgement and relevant theoretical knowledge.
Licensing, legislative, regulatory and certification requirements that apply to this qualification can vary between states, territories, and industry sectors. Relevant information must be sourced prior to application of the qualification.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for a trainee pathway the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the Unit of Competency requirements.
People entering the workforce to undertake an Apprenticeship in the construction sector , they may have minimal or some prior skills or Statements of Attainment which may be recognised through our recognition process. Delivered through SRTO requirements including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record.
EXAMPLE OF SKILLS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Plan and organise work
- Carry out measurements and calculations
- Read, interpret plans & specifications
- Communicate in the workplace
- Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- Use hand and power tools
- We develop customised Apprentice Training Plans face to face with the employer and the student to ensure your apprentice is learning the right skills for your business
- We provide education & coaching to employers around the supervision ratio & requirements
- We work in partnership with Australian Apprenticeship Networks
- We will train theory and practical skills onsite with your apprentice
- We only employ Industry current trainer/assessors
- We offer support to employers for performance management of apprentices as required
- More career opportunities and upskilling and productivity gains
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine coast, Morayfield, Ipswich & South East Queensland.
DELIVERY OPTIONS & OUTCOMES
- Delivery model is face to face every 6 weeks approximately at your site or ours as agreed in the training plan
- Assessment includes combination of knowledge, skills observation and employer reports
- Traineeship arrangements are over a Nominal Term: 36 Months, criteria applies.
- Traineeship Probation: 90 days
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Nationally Recognised Qualification upon successful completion
- More information available in our Student handbook
CREDIT TRANSFER AND /OR RPL
- Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL
- Students with prior Qualifications and/or Statements of attainment may be eligible for Credit Transfer
- Read more here
Did you know that the government can provide up to $9,500 in incentives for employers, if your apprentice completes a Certificate III in Civil Construction?
Eligible employers may receive the following government incentives under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program if the relevant criteria are met.
*These employees’ incentives are not available under C3G funding.
Course Entry Requirements
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for a trainee pathway, the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the unit of competency requirements.
Funding & Fees
For further information on funding & fees Click here
- Leading Hand (Civil Construction)
- Bridge Constructor
- Road Builder
- Road Marker
- Utilities Industry Worker (Transmission Laying)
- Road Paver
- Site Maintenance Construction Worker