CPCCLDG3001A Licence to perform dogging
Complete A Licence To Perform Dogging In Brisbane.
Major Training Group delivers high quality, reliable training solutions that will prepare you for the highest standards of high risk onsite safety and compliance.
To work alongside crane operators and truck drivers, as a labourer or construction site worker you need a Dogman ticket –Major Training Group QLD will make it happen.
Major Training Group has a depth of knowledge that only comes from a family owned business with a history of providing plant and transport services to major infrastructure projects; coupled with some of the best trainers in the industry. For your first or next move in the construction industry in QLD or beyond, major training group will make it happen.
Upon successful completion of the dogging course, you will be issued with a dogman ticket allowing you to work in a variety of industries. We offer our training programs across QLD in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and beyond.
Dogging Training Objectives
A Dogman or Dogging ticket with Major Training Group is a nationally recognised qualification that will get you site ready for a range of crane operator roles that involve (for example) selecting the lifting gear and estimating load weight.
If you require training on your work site, we are available to provide this service in Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast.
Major are now offering some of our High Risk and Short Courses programs online as our courses advisers for more information.
- Elevating Work Platform
- Basic Rigging
- Working at Heights
Delivery Of The Dogman Course
Major Training Group offers flexible, reliable, and easy to access options that let you learn on the job.
- Suitable for new or existing workers
- Course available at our place or yours
- 5 days of formal classes
- Supervised logbook training up to 40 hours
- Everything you need from start to finish
- Meets High Risk Licence requirements
Dogman courses include
- A detailed dogman training plan provided
- Classroom based training in health and safety through videos, demonstrations, and instructions delivered by our high performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Written and practical assessment including all training materials and a hi-vis vest.
- Reliable practical training to meet logbook requirements
- Competency based Assessment
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment on successful completion.
Detailed Dogman Training Information
- Quality competency-based training program delivered by our industry leading trainer/assessors.
- Students are trained to a competency level suitable to achieve all elements of the assessment.
- High quality training and materials including log book, training plan, full assessment and training manual are provided.
- Assessments are on Fridays
High Risk Work licences
- High Risk Work licences have a 5 year life span, after this time they licence will need to be renewed. This is done via the WHS web site.
- If your High Risk Work licence has expired the operator has up to 12 months to renew the HRW licence.
- If your High Risk Work licence has expired you are not a licenced operator in the period of time.
- If it is past the 12 month period the operator has no choice but to come and do the written and practical exam again.
- A VOC cannot be done on an expired licence.
Applying for your High Risk Work Licence
- You have 90 days from your assessment date to apply with work place health and safety QLD for your high risk work licence.
- There is an application fee to lodge your AS1 Form.
- Click here for more information https://www.worksafe.qld.gov.au/licensing-and-registrations
Dogging Training Requirements
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide three forms of identification click here to view valid documents
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants – are also recommended.
- A licence fee is payable at the Post Office for high risk plant
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
You may be able to fast track your learning. Your life experience, past education or industry training could qualify you for RPL. Applications are available through Major Training Group. See our RPL page for more detail.
Want more than a dogging ticket?
Get a nationally recognised qualification with our new construction skill program and get a Certificate III in Dogging. This complements our current dogman training perfectly and can take your career to new levels. Contact our Brisbane based team today to start your study in Sunshine Coast or beyond.