Driver Development Program
In partnership with SES Labour hire Solutions and Bromelton Quarry, Major Training has put together an exciting new Driver Development Mining Program.
Learn how to operate some of the biggest rigs in Australia with Major Training’s mining courses in Brisbane.
Our new driver development course teaches skills that are critical for gaining employment in the mining and construction industry.
Upon graduating, you’ll be qualified to safely drive a haul truck and hold your Standard 11, as well as having an opportunity to interview with SES Labour Solutions for a position.
5-Day Driver Development Mining Program
Major Training’s 5-Day Driver Development Mining Program will get you qualified quickly so you can start interviewing for real mining jobs in QLD. Rather than trying to secure an entry-level role without any formal qualifications, completing this course will significantly enhance your employability.
As part of the course, SES Labour Solutions will:
- Send you a link to a screening tool.
- Conduct a job interview with you. During the interview, they’ll ask you a range of technical and behavioural questions that will give you the opportunity to “sell yourself”. They’ll also:
- Discuss with you some of the arrangements that go with working in the mining industry in QLD, e.g. rosters, rates of pay, travel arrangements
- Discuss the range of opportunities that exist in the industry.
- At the completion of the interview, they’ll provide:
- Feedback and tips to succeed in interviews
- Confirmation of the next steps they take with you, which may include adding you to their database of candidates and actively working with you to find an employment opportunity
- Suggestions on other training or development opportunities you should consider to be more job-ready.
The key objective of our Driver Development Mining Program is to help students earn nationally recognised haul truck licence and Standard 11 through comprehensive driver training.
Major Training’s course is unique as it’s delivered in real-world conditions by expert trainers, with real employment opportunities available to graduates.
The delivery of Major Training’s driver development program involves five days of concentrated learning. This fast-paced but intensive course structure allows students to learn correct methods of operation with minimal interruption to their everyday lives.
The course is structured so students can make the most of each day and develop skills rapidly. To prepare you for operating heavy vehicles on mine sites, four of the five days the training is conducted in a live quarry located in Beaudesert at Bromelton Quarry so students get a real live feel for the industry
Students will start at 6am to ensure they’re present for the Toolbox Talk with the team at the quarry.
Driver Development Mining Courses
Our driver development and mining programs incorporate the following courses:
Entry requirements for our driver development courses are designed to ensure students are in the best position to gain employment in the industry.
These requirements include:
- Hold your car licence
- Have your own transport
- Have a great attitude and work ethic.
Our driver training course comes with a set fee of $4,500. A range of payment options are available to students, including Study Now Pay Later options.
Driver development courses are facilitated through Major Training’s partnership with SES Labour Hire Solutions. Students will have the opportunity to interview for real job prospects with SES Labour Hire Solutions after graduating, including jobs in Central Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
Give Major Training a call on 1300 790 822 to learn more about our driver development course, or get in touch online to enquire about enrolment today