RIIMPO338E Conduct rigid haul truck operations
Earn your dump truck ticket with Major Training and receive hands-on experience and skills for a job in the earthmoving industry.
The RIIMPO338D Conduct Rigid Haul Truck Operations is a nationally recognised qualification that allows you to work across the country. You’ll learn from our high-performing, knowledgeable team at our simulated site facilities throughout Queensland.
Learn more about our dump truck training and how to get your dump truck licence.
Objective of the Dump Truck Course
Major Training’s dump truck ticket course is a unit of competency that’ll give you the skills and knowledge to safely and effectively operate a dump truck or haul truck on a construction site or building site.
Our dump truck training will qualify you for jobs in transport, mining and agriculture. If you’re looking to enter the mining or civil industry, a dump truck ticket with Major Training can help kickstart your career.
You can earn your dump truck ticket in Brisbane or greater Queensland and get valuable building and construction industry experience.
Delivery of the Dump Truck Course
Major Training offers a three-day dump truck operator training course that you can easily access. Learn in a real-life construction setting and become qualified for dump truck operations with the course below.
The Dump Truck Course Includes:
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Practical training recorded in a practical skills logbook
- Written and practical assessments conducted on completion of formal training
- All training materials, machinery, and a hi-vis vest.
Our assessments include a closed book written theory test and a comprehensive practical test using our machinery. A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to students on successful completion of the course.
Student Entry Requirements
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the construction industry.
To enrol in the dump truck ticket course, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy, and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site. Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long sleeves, and pants).
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Students with prior industry experience, qualifications and/or statements of attainment may be eligible for RPL or credit transfer. You can learn more about the experienced operator options available with Major Training here.
The dump truck licence course is a unit of competency from RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations). Successful completion of the course could count towards achieving this qualification.
The cost of this three-day course is $2,500, which includes all learning and assessment resources, access to the machinery and entry into the facility.
By completing your dump truck operator training with us, you’ll be trained in the safe and effective operation of a dump truck. Successful students will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
Student Support Options
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
Contact Us Today
We offer courses and training programs across Queensland, including major metro areas such as Ipswich, the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.