TLILIC0005 Elevating Work Platform (Over 11 Metres)
Reach new heights in your career with an EWP licence from Major Training. Our EWP (over 11 metres) course allows you to apply for your high risk work licence with WHS Queensland*. Once you have your high risk licence, you’ll be allowed to safely and legally operate elevated work platforms across a range of industries.
Located in Queensland, Major Training provides courses across the state in areas such as Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast.
OBJECTIVE OF THE EWP COURSE
An EWP unit of competency is nationally recognised training that will give you the specialist skills needed to safely operate an elevated work platform in a range of trades including building, construction, mining, forestry, demolition, and more.
Your EWP over 11m high risk work licence will enhance your skillset so you can gain employment or start a new career path. You’ll learn the skills and knowledge required to safely operate a boom-type elevating work platform where the length of the boom is 11 metres or more.
While training for your EWP licence, you’ll learn how to plan the work, conduct routine checks, and set up, operate, shut down, and secure the elevating work platform.
DELIVERY OF THE EWP COURSE
Major Training offers flexible, easy-to-access options that let you learn on the job. Choose an EWP licence program that suits you.
The EWP Course Includes
- Pre-course study guide
- Detailed training schedule
- Classroom-based training with safety videos, demonstrations, and instructions delivered by our accredited trainers
- Written and practical assessment including all training materials and a hi-vis vest
- Reliable practical training to meet logbook requirements
- Nationally recognised statement of attainment.
HIGH RISK WORK LICENCES
- High risk work licences have a 5-year life span. After this period, the licence will need to be renewed. This can be done via the WHS Queensland website.
- If your high risk work licence has expired, you’re not classified as a licenced operator until it’s renewed.
- You have up to 12 months to renew your high risk licence. If it’s past the 12-month period, you’ll be required to re-sit the written and practical exam.
- A VOC cannot be done on an expired licence.
APPLYING FOR YOUR HIGH RISK WORK LICENCE
- *You have 90 days from your assessment date to apply with WHS Queensland for your high risk work licence.
- There is an application fee to lodge your AS1 Form.
- Click here for more information.
DETAILED COURSE INFORMATION
Full EWP Training and Assessment Course – Three days.
Formal EWP Training and Assessment Course – One day of formal training, up to 6 months logbook on the job and one day of assessment.
Experienced Operators Course – Two days.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Provide three forms of identification
- Wear steel-capped or safety boots on site
- Sun protection also recommended (hat, long-sleeved shirt and pants)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement) – applicable to full course only
- You may not be able to attend this course if you are pregnant or have a medical condition – applicable to full course only
The full EWP training and assessment course costs $679.00.
An elevated work platform licence qualifies you to safely use elevating work platforms where the length of the boom is 11 metres or more. Professions that require this licence might include technicians and trades workers, machinery operators and drivers, and labourers.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
If you’re looking for EWP training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, we can arrange a training program to suit your needs. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.