MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering
The Certificate IV in Engineering from Major Training is designed for Higher Engineering Tradesperson or Special Class Engineering Tradesperson with Level II in Mechanical, Electrical/Electronic or Fabrication trade disciplines including
- Sheet Metal Workers
- Diesel Fitter
OBJECTIVE of the Engineering Apprenticeship
The qualification outcome has been written to allow the learner to gain skill & knowledge from both the daily learning in the workplace and support from a trainer on the underpinning knowledge questions asked in a formal environment whilst allowing for the flexibility of day to day business needs and may also recognise the skill and knowledge of a learner’s previous history, further streamlining the qualification should the learner have the evidence that they already have the skills and abilities in parts of the whole qualification.
The job role involves putting into practice additional skills in the learner’s trade or cross skills from other industries. The learner may be involved in the design, manufacture, installation or modification of sheet steel and structures or the installation and repair of plant.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for an apprentice pathway the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the Unit of Competency requirements.
People entering the workforce to undertake an Apprenticeship in the construction sector, they may have minimal or some prior skills or Statements of Attainment which may be recognised through our recognition process. Delivered through SRTO requirements including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record
EXAMPLE OF SKILLS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Perform precision mechanical measurement
- Apply principles of occupational health and safety in the work environment
- Use hand tools
- Apply quality systems
- Use hand tools
- Perform machine setting (routine)
- Analyse a simple electrical system circuit
- Assist in the provision of on the job training
- We develop customised Apprentice Training Plans face to face with the employer and the student to ensure your apprentice is learning the right skills for your business
- We provide education & coaching to employers around the supervision ratio & requirements
- We work in partnership with Australian Apprenticeship Networks
- We will train theory and practical skills onsite with your apprentice
- We only employ Industry current trainer/assessors
- We offer support to employers for performance management of apprentices as required
- More career opportunities and upskilling and productivity gains
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine coast, Morayfield, Ipswich & South East Queensland.
DELIVERY OPTIONS & OUTCOMES
- Delivery model is face to face every 6 weeks approximately at your site or ours as agreed in the training plan
- Assessment includes combination of knowledge, skills observation and employer reports
- Apprenticeship arrangements are over a Nominal Term: 48 Months, criteria applies.
- Apprenticeship Probation: 90 days
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Nationally Recognised Qualification upon successful completion
- More information available in our Student handbook
CREDIT TRANSFER AND /OR RPL
- Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL
- Students with prior Qualifications and/or Statements of attainment may be eligible for Credit Transfer
- Read more here
FUNDING & FEES
Did you know that the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers, if your apprentice completes a Certificate IV in Engineering?
Eligible employers may receive the following government incentives:
Additional incentives you may be eligible for:
*These employees’ incentives are not available under C3G funding.
Funding support and employer incentives may be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program if the relevant criteria are met. Individuals completing their first post-school Certificate III qualification could be eligible for the Certificate 3 Guarantee subsidy. User Choice and self-funded options with up to 12 months interest free are also available. For course fees, please enquire.