RIIMPO320E Conduct civil construction excavator operations
Advance Your Learning With Qld Excavator Training
Enhance your skills and earn your qualifications with the help of our Queensland based, hands-on training. Our simulated site facilities allow you to earn your ticket with the full support of our experienced excavator training team.
Objectives Of The Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations
An Excavator ticket with Major Training Group is a nationally recognised qualification that will give you the skills to operate this machinery on a construction site or a building site. The Excavator ticket will also qualify you for jobs in transport, mining and agriculture.
The holder of an excavator license is highly sought after in the construction industry. Without the right qualifications you are ineligible for a variety of building and construction jobs. With a valid excavator license you become a more viable candidate in a variety of employment scenarios.
Delivery Of The Excavator Courses
We offer flexible options that let you learn on the job. We provide training across QLD in areas including Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast. Whether you need us to visit your Brisbane worksite, or you would prefer to visit one of our QLD centres, there are a variety of options available for you.
Full Three or Five Day Course
- Everything you need to earn your Excavator ticket from start to finish
- Up to 40 hours of high quality competency-based training from our knowledgeable team
- Available Monday to Friday on a full or part-time basis
- Course start Mondays and Wednesday every week running from 6:30am arrival for 7am start to 3pm
Formal Training and Assessment Course
• ½ day formal training, 1 day practical training & up to 6 months log book on the job
• Employer involvement needed
• Less downtime
• Available as 1 day formal training course only
• Available Monday to Friday on a full or part-time basis
• Course start Mondays and Wednesday every week running from 6:30am arrival for 7am start to 3pm
Experienced Operators Course
- Course start Mondays and Wednesday every week running from :30am arrival for 7am start to 3pm
- Students must demonstrate previous experience
- 3-Day course available Monday to Friday on a full or part-time basis
Excavator courses include
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Theoretical classroom based training in health and safety through videos, live demonstrations, and clear instructions delivered by our high performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Written and practical assessment including all training materials and a hi-vis vest.
- Reliable practical training to meet logbook hours requirements – shortened logbook hours required for experienced operators
- Nationally recognised open class licence (Excavator ticket) upon successful completion
Detailed Course Information
Five Day Course
- An exceptional quality competency-based training program delivered by our knowledgeable team.
- Both the formal and informal requirements of the training are completed in a controlled environment at Major Training Group’s high quality simulated worksites throughout QLD.
- Students are trained to a competency level suitable to achieve all elements of the Excavator assessment.
- Exceptional quality training and materials including log book, training plan, full assessment and training manual are provided.
Formal Training and Assessment Course
• Students complete the mandatory informal Excavator training on the job or at their current employment.
• Employer must agree and fill in all relevant areas of student’s logbook
• Includes a written assessment on completion of formal training.
Formal Assessment Only – after completion of formal training
- For experienced and competent Excavator operators on completion of formal training.
- Requires employer involvement
- Students must log hours and detail of relevant tasks performed at their workplace
- Student log book must be signed off by employer or employer’s representative with the relevant OHS licence
- A completed log book with an employer’s letter validating the log is required.
- A final skills assessment is conducted when the employer is happy with skill and knowledge level of the student
- Assessment includes a closed book theory test (completed at formal training) and a comprehensive practical test
Experienced Operators Courses
• Evidence of previous experience required including for example old log books, training plans, interstate or overseas licenses
• Contact our customer service team to check for eligibility
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection – hat, long sleeves, and pants – is also recommended
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
• Applications for RPL are available through Major Training Group. See our RPL page for more detail
Contact Our Team In Brisbane Today
Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options. We provide our services from Sunshine Coast to Gold Coast and beyond, so get in touch today to begin your journey to upskilling.