RIIMPO320F Conduct civil construction excavator operations
Earn your excavator ticket and get valuable building and construction industry experience with Major Training.
If you’re looking for comprehensive excavator training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, our knowledgeable team provides hands-on training at simulated site facilities throughout South East Queensland.
Take the next step in your career by earning your RIIMPO320F Conduct Civil Construction Excavator Operations with Major Training.
Objective of The Excavator Course
An excavator ticket is a nationally recognised unit of competency that’ll give you the skills to operate an excavator on a construction or building site. Having an excavator ticket will qualify you for jobs in transport, mining and agriculture.
Delivery of The Excavator Course
Major Training offers an easily accessible three-day excavator operator training course. Learn in a real-life construction setting and become qualified for excavator operations with the course below.
The Excavator Course Includes
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Practical training recorded in a practical skills logbook
- Written and practical assessments conducted on completion of formal training
- All training materials, machinery, and a hi-vis vest.
Our assessments include a closed book written theory test and a comprehensive practical test using our machinery.
A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to students on successful completion of the course.
Student Entry Requirements
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the construction industry.
To enrol in the excavator course, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy, and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site. Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long sleeves, and pants).
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
Students with prior industry experience, qualifications and/or statements of attainment may be eligible for RPL or credit transfer. You can learn more about experienced operator options here.
The excavator ticket course is a unit of competency from RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations). Successful completion of the course could count towards achieving this qualification.
The cost of this three-day course is $995, which includes all learning and assessment resources, access to the machinery and entry into the facility.
By completing the excavator operator course with Major Training, you’ll be trained in the safe and effective operation of an excavator. Successful students will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
Student Support Options
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognising your previous learning and experience to speed up the process
Speak to one of our team to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
Contact Our Team
If you’re looking for excavator training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, we can arrange a training program to suit your needs. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.