4x4 Drive Training
Our flexible reliable training solutions will give you the skills and knowledge to handle a 4WD vehicle in genuine workplace conditions. Get valuable real-world driving experience on our offsite 4WD track.
A 4WD Operation course from Major Training Group will give you the skills to proactively react to the challenges of operating 4WD vehicles in mining and construction. Learn about vehicle checks, planning and preparing for operations, and safe driving of 4WD vehicles.
Major Training Group offer flexible delivery with an emphasis on high quality reliable solutions that don’t compromise on safety:
- Practical training delivered by our highly skilled team at a working quarry/mining operation
- Easy to book; courses available weekly from 7:30am to 4pm
- Available at Yatala only
4WD Operation course includes:
- One-day course covering theory and practice in our vehicle or yours
- Additional time to complete if adverse weather disrupts practical training
- Small groups of 2-6 students
- Planning and prepare for 4-wheel driving
- Conducting pre operational vehicle checks
- Effective 4-wheel driving techniques
- Recovery techniques
- Current Queensland driving licence
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 17 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection – Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants are also recommended.