RIIMPO324F Conduct civil construction grader operations
Earn your grader ticket and get valuable building and construction industry experience with Major Training.
If you’re looking for comprehensive grader training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, our knowledgeable team provides hands-on training at simulated site facilities throughout South East Queensland.
OBJECTIVE OF THE GRADER COURSE
A grader ticket is a nationally recognised unit of competency that’ll give you the skills to operate a grader on a construction or building site. Having a grader ticket will qualify you for jobs in transport, mining and agriculture.
DELIVERY OF THE GRADER COURSE
Major Training offers a three-day grader operator training course. Learn in a real-life construction setting and become qualified for grader operations with the course below.
THE GRADER COURSE INCLUDES
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Practical training recorded in a practical skills logbook
- Written and practical assessments conducted on completion of formal training
- All training materials, machinery, and a hi-vis vest.
After completing the training, students will undertake a closed book written theory test and a comprehensive practical test using our machinery.
A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to students on successful completion of the course.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the construction industry.
To enrol in the grader course, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy, and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site. Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long sleeves, and pants).
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
If you have prior industry experience, qualifications and/or statements of attainment, you may be eligible for RPL or credit transfer. Learn more about experienced operator options here.
The grader licence course is a unit of competency from RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations). Successful completion of this course could count towards achieving this qualification.
The cost of this three-day course is $1125, which includes all learning and assessment resources, access to machinery and entry into the facility.
By completing your grader operator training with us, you’ll be trained in the safe and effective operation of a grader. Successful students will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
If you need grader training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, or the Gold Coast, we can arrange a training program to suit your needs. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.