HC Licence to drive a heavy combination vehicle
Gain the skills to drive bigger rigs interstate with a HC licence from Major Training, a genuine training partner for your career growth.
With multiple locations and flexible delivery options, we provide exceptional-quality heavy combination licence training courses delivered by a genuine, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable team in a well-maintained fleet of modern vehicles.
Our HC truck licence training is available across the state in areas such as Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast.
Learn more about how to get a HC licence with Major Training.
HC Licence Objective
Completing a heavy combination licence with Major Training qualifies you to safely drive the biggest on-road trucks, including:
- Prime movers with an attached single semi-trailer
- Heavy Rigid (HR class) vehicles with an attached trailer that has a Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) over 9,000 kg.
HC truck drivers generally work in construction, agriculture and warehousing areas.
Delivery Of The HC Truck Licence
Major Training recognises the need for flexibility and offers a range of easy-to-access options that will get you behind the wheel in a matter of weeks. Our purpose-built facilities make it easy for you to learn the skills you need. If you’re located in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, you can visit one of our facilities and learn the skills you need to obtain your HC licence.
Choose the option that suits you:
HC Courses Include:
- Lessons plus test
- Workbook/student study book
- QLD Transport booking fee – paid on or before first lesson
- Practical test with QLD Transport – 3 hours in total including warmup, test and licence application using our truck with a QLD Transport Assessor
- All lessons and tests booked on your behalf by Major Training
- A HC licence upon successful completion of the course.
HC Licence Course Requirements
- In order to gain an HC class licence, you must have held both a Car (C class) licence for at least 3 years, and a Medium Rigid (MR class) or HR class licence for at least 1 year.
- This period must have occurred in the last 5 years. Can be continuous or made up of different individual lengths of time (excluding any time that your licence was suspended, surrendered, cancelled or expired).
- Payment test booking fee to Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Heavy Vehicle Knowledge test.
- Pass a QLD Transport Practical Test.
HC Licence Cost
$1,495 for Road ranger trained over 12 hours
$1,295 synchromesh trained over 8 hours.