AUR31116 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
The Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship from Major Training is designed to lay the foundations for a career in this growth industry. This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of heavy commercial vehicle.
OBJECTIVE of the Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology Apprenticeship
This qualification can open up entry-level & experienced job opportunities such as a Heavy Commercial Vehicle Technician.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for an apprentice pathway the learner must be employed fulltime or part time and have access to a workplace in the heavy vehicle service and repair industry to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the Unit of Competency requirements.
People entering the workforce to undertake an Apprenticeship in the Automotive Mechanical sector, they may have minimal or some prior skills or Statements of Attainment which may be recognised through our recognition process. Delivered through SRTO requirements including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record.
EXAMPLE OF SKILLS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Apply environmental and sustainability best practice in an automotive workplace
- Apply safe working practices in an automotive workplace
- Test and repair basic electrical circuits
- Diagnose and repair vehicle dynamic control systems
- Diagnose and repair electronic compression ignition engine management systems
- Test, charge and replace batteries
- We develop customised Apprentice Training Plans face to face with the employer and the apprentice to ensure your apprentice is learning the right skills for your business
- We provide education & coaching to employers around the supervision ratio & requirements
- We work in partnership with Australian Apprenticeship Networks
- We will train theory and practical skills onsite with your apprentice
- The employer trains the apprentice on the job to workplace requirements
- We only employ Industry & VET current trainer/assessors
- We offer support to employers for performance management of apprentices as required
- More career opportunities and upskilling and productivity gains
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine coast, Morayfield, Ipswich & South East Queensland
DELIVERY OPTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Delivery model is face to face every 6 weeks approximately at your site or ours as agreed in the training plan
- Assessment includes combination of knowledge, skills observation and employer reports
- Apprenticeship arrangements are over a Nominal Term: 48 Months, criteria applies.
- Apprenticeship Probation: 90 days
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Nationally Recognised Qualification upon successful completion
- More information available in our Student handbook
Credit Transfer and /or RPL
- Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL
- Students with prior Qualifications and/or Statements of attainment may be eligible for Credit Transfer
- Read more here
Did you know that the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers, if your apprentice completes a Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology?
Eligible employers may receive the following government incentives:
Additional incentives you may be eligible for:
*These employees’ incentives are not available under C3G funding.
Funding support and employer incentives may be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program if the relevant criteria are met.
Course Entry Requirements
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for an apprentice pathway, the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the unit of competency requirements.
FUNDING & FEES
For further information on funding & fees Click here
Motor mechanic heavy vehicle road transport