HR Licence to drive a heavy rigid vehicle
With multiple locations and flexible delivery options Major Training Group is a genuine training partner for skills, knowledge and career growth that will quite literally put you in the driver’s seat.
Major Training Group training courses are delivered by a genuine, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable team in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast with a well maintained fleet of modern vehicles.
Take your truck driving to the next level, or get qualified across all vehicle classes. An HR truck Licence from Major Training Group will make it happen.
- If you want to drive a bus or a multi-axle truck greater than 8 tonnes GVM, or have the option to tow an additional trailer up to 9 tonnes, choose from a range of gearbox options: Road Ranger (open class), this gearbox is standard on US or large Japanese trucks
- Synchro-Mesh (Condition B), this gearbox is standard on most European heavy trucks
- Automatic (Condition B) – this gearbox is increasingly popular in mine site equipment, some buses and refuse trucks
A HR truck Licence from Major Training Group automatically includes qualification to drive Medium Rigid or Light Rigid vehicle classes; we also offer the separate course for each of those classes in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
THE VEHICLE I WANT TO DRIVE (NOTE THE NUMBER OF AXLES)
Delivery Of The Heavy Rigid Truck Licence
Major Training Group recognises the need for flexibility and offers a range of easy to access options that will get you behind the wheel in a matter of weeks. Choose an option that suits you:
HR Licence courses include:
- Lessons plus test
- Workbook/student study book
- Qld Transport Booking Fee – paid on or before first lesson
- Practical test with Qld Transport – 3 hours in total including warm-up, test and licence application using our truck with a Qld Transport Assessor
- All lessons and tests booked on your behalf by Major Training Group
Heavy Rigid Licence Course Requirements
- To apply for the next higher class, you must hold your current licence for a set period.This period:must have occurred in the last 5 years
can be continuous or made up of different individual lengths of time (excluding any time that your licence was suspended, surrendered, cancelled or expired).
- An open or provisional class C licence held 24 months
- An open or provisional Light Rigid (LR) or Medium Rigid (MR) held continuously for at least 12 months
- Pay test booking fee to Department of Transport and Main Roads.
- Heavy Vehicle Knowledge Test.
Heavy Rigid Knowledge Test:
- Before beginning your medium rigid licence training with Major you must have completed a written Heavy Vehicle Knowledge test taken at a Queensland Transport Service centre. Click here for locations
- There are 10 questions in the test and you need 8 out of 10 correct answers to gain your Heavy Vehicle learners
- Download your Keys to Driving in Queensland here
- You can practice for your test with Queensland Transport’s practice road rules test.
Want more than a HR licence?
Get a nationally recognised qualification with a Certificate III in Driving Operations. We offer our training across the state in Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast and other QLD areas.