TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
Save time, money and effort and demonstrate a commitment to the safety and skills of your team. Our enthusiastic and knowledgeable team delivers high quality, reliable manual handling training solutions that provide the skills for safety in the workplace.
Major Training Group QLD is your genuine training partner. We will give you the skills and knowledge to minimise poetical injuries in the workplace. Ensure a safer workforce or upskill for your next career move in transport by making a booking with our team. We offer manual handling training on your site or ours in Yatala, Ipswich Sunshine Coast and Brisbane.
Manual Handling courses from Major Training Group will give you safe manual handling skills that will prevent personal injury and damage to property in the workplace. Get the skills for a role in any industry where manual handling is a key task, including transport and logistics, construction, and the mining.
Delivery Of The Manual Handling Training
Major Training Group offer flexible delivery with an emphasis on high quality reliable solutions that don’t compromise on safety. You can gain one of our qualifications either on your own site in Brisbane or Sunshine Coast, or at our various QLD based locations.
- Everything you need for start to finish delivered by our knowledgeable training team
- Easy to book; at a variety of locations
- Group bookings available on our site or yours
Shift materials safely using manual handling materials course (Manual handling) course includes:
- 5-hour course
- Forms part of the Transport and Logistics Training Package
- A detailed training plan
- Classroom based training in health and safety through videos, live demonstrations, and clear instructions delivered by our high performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Quality written learning resources, a high vis-vest and theory & practical assessment included
- Statement of Attainment awarded upon successful completion of the unit assessment requirements
- Applying precautions and required action to minimise, control or eliminate risks that may exist when manually lifting and handling materials and goods applying relevant legislation and workplace procedures
- Communicating effectively with others when manually lifting and handling materials and goods
- Implementing contingency plans when manually lifting and handling, materials and goods
- Interpreting and following operational instructions and prioritising work
- Interpreting manual handling risks
- Modifying activities depending on operational contingencies, risk situations and environments
- Operating and adapting to differences in loads and materials in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Reading and interpreting instructions, procedures and information relevant to the manual lifting and handling of materials and goods
- Selecting and using required personal protective equipment conforming to industry and work health and safety (WHS)/occupational health and safety (OHS) standards using correct manual handling practices
- Working collaboratively with others when manually lifting and handling materials and goods
- Working systematically with required attention to detail without injury to self or others, or damage to goods or equipment.
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Complete a short language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel cap safety or covered boots