MR Licence to drive a medium rigid vehicle
If you’ve held a (C) class driving licence for at least 12 months, you could kickstart a career in the transport industry with a medium rigid licence from Major Training Group.
With multiple locations throughout South East Queensland and flexible delivery options, Major Training Group is a genuine training partner for skills and knowledge that will lead to job opportunities and real career growth.
Completing a MR licence with Major Training Group will allow you to safely drive a 2-axle GVM of more than 8 tonnes. Meeting the necessary MR licence requirements means you’ll be able to legally drive and control a variety of vehicles used in the transport industry – increasing your skills and employability.
The vehicle I want to drive (note the number of axles):
Delivery Of The MR Licence
Major Training Group recognises the need for flexibility and offers a range of easy-to-access options that will get you behind the wheel. We offer our training courses across Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast. Choose an option that suits you:
MR Licence Courses Include:
- MR truck lessons and test with QLD Transport
- Heavy Vehicle Learner Guide
- Department of Transport and Main Roads booking fee – paid on or before first lesson
- Practical test with Department of Transport and Main Roads – 3 hours in total including warm-up, test and licence application using our truck with an assessor
- All lessons and tests booked on your behalf by Major Training Group
MR Truck Licence Course Requirements
- To apply for the next higher class, you must have held your current licence for a set period. This period must have occurred in the last 5 years. (excluding any time that your licence was suspended, surrendered, cancelled or expired).
- Hold an open or provisional class C or LR licence for 12 months
- Pay test booking fee to Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Pass heavy vehicle knowledge test
Heavy Vehicle Knowledge Test:
- Before beginning your medium rigid licence training with us, you must have completed a written heavy vehicle knowledge test taken at a Department of Transport and Main Roads service centre (click here for locations)
- There are 10 questions in the test, and you need 8 out of 10 correct answers to gain your heavy vehicle learner’s licence
- Download your Keys to Driving in Queensland here
- You can practise for your test with the Department of Transport and Main Roads practice road rules test
MR Licence Cost
MR Fast track course (1 day) – $695
MR Full course (3 days) – $865
Want more than a Medium Rigid Truck licence?
Get a nationally recognised qualification with a Certificate III in Driving Operations. Major Training offers a range of qualifications across Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast. Whether you’re a Brisbane local or you live further north, we have training options to suit everyone.