MR Licence to drive a medium rigid vehicle
If you’ve held a (C) class driving licence for at least 12 months, you could kickstart a career in the transport industry with a medium rigid licence from Major Training.
With multiple locations throughout South East Queensland and flexible delivery options, Major Training is a genuine training partner and can provide skills and knowledge that will lead to job opportunities and career growth.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MR LICENCE COURSE
Earning your MR licence with Major Training will allow you to safely drive a 2-axle GVM of more than 8 tonnes. Meeting the necessary MR licence requirements means you’ll be able to legally drive and control a variety of vehicles used in the transport industry – increasing your skills and employability.
The vehicle you’ll be able to drive (note the number of axles):
DELIVERY OF THE MR LICENCE COURSE
Major Training Group recognises the need for flexibility and offers a range of easy-to-access options that will get you behind the wheel. We offer our training courses across Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast.
Choose an option that suits you:
THE MR LICENCE COURSE INCLUDES
- MR truck lessons and test
- Heavy vehicle learner guide
- Department of Transport and Main Roads booking fee – paid on or before first lesson
- Practical test with Department of Transport and Main Roads – three hours in total including warm-up, test and licence application using our truck with an assessor
- All lessons and tests booked on your behalf by Major Training.
HEAVY VEHICLE KNOWLEDGE TEST
- Before beginning your medium rigid licence training with us, you must have completed a written heavy vehicle knowledge test taken at a Department of Transport and Main Roads service centre (click here for locations)
- There are ten questions in the test, and you need eight out of ten correct answers to gain your heavy vehicle learner’s licence
- Download your Keys to Driving in Queensland here
- You can practice for your test with the Department of Transport and Main Roads practice road rules test.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- To apply for a higher licence class, you must have held your current licence for a set period. This period must have occurred in the last 5 years (excluding any time that your licence was suspended, surrendered, cancelled or expired).
- Hold an open or provisional class C or LR licence for 12 months
- Pay test booking fee to Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Pass heavy vehicle knowledge test.
MR Fast track course (1 day) – $785
MR Full course (3 days) – $975
An MR licence qualifies you to legally and safely drive a class LR vehicle and bus or truck over 8t GVM with a maximum of two axles. Holding an MR licence opens doors to a diverse range of job opportunities in the transport and logistics industry.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
Major Training offers a range of qualifications across Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast. Whether you’re a Brisbane local or you live further north, we have training options to suit everyone. To get more than your MR licence, consider enrolling in the Certificate III in Driving Operations.