RII20115 CERTIFICATE II IN RESOURCES AND INFRASTRUCTURE WORK PREPARATION, RII30115 CERTIFICATE III IN SURFACE EXTRACTION OPERATIONS
Major Training can give you the skills for a future in one of Australia’s primary industries. Our mining courses will qualify you for entry-level and senior roles, allowing you to make the most of career opportunities in the energy and resources sector.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MINING AND ENERGY COURSES
Major Training’s mining courses are designed to give you the skills needed for a range of jobs in the mining industry, such as machinery operator or driver.
DELIVERY OF THE MINING AND ENERGY COURSES
Major Training offers flexible and easy-to-access training options with an emphasis on quality and customer service.
Our delivery of the training encompasses:
- Delivery at your workplace to minimise employee downtime
- Self-paced learning with a combination of written and practical assessments
- Delivery over 12 – 48 months, depending on the qualification
- Available to start throughout the year
- Potential recognition of prior learning that will reduce study time or lead to more advanced skills within the same timeframe
- Distant online learning and traditional classroom-based delivery available
- More career opportunities, upskilling, and productivity gains
- Nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion.
- Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation (RII20115)
- Certificate III in Surface Extraction Operations (RII30115)
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the mining industry.
To enrol in one of our mining courses, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification.
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
- Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL
- Students with prior qualifications or statements of attainment may be eligible for credit transfer
- Read more here.
Please contact us for course pricing.
Both Major Training mining courses can kickstart your career in the mining sector. You’ll graduate with the skills for a range of roles as well as a nationally recognised qualification.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you.
Major Training has various funding options available to students depending on the short course or qualification selected. For more information about possible funding support, please call Major Training or visit our funding page.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
If you’re looking for mining courses in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, we can arrange a training program to suit your needs. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options today.