MC Licence to drive a multi combination vehicle
Gain the skills to drive road trains and B-doubles with an MC licence from Major Training.
With multiple locations and flexible delivery options, our exceptional-quality MC licence training is delivered by a knowledgeable team in our well-maintained fleet of modern vehicles.
Courses are available in Brisbane, Ipswich, the Sunshine Coast, and the Gold Coast. Our purpose-built facilities are conveniently located and ideal for real-world experience when training for your MC licence.
Learn more about how to get your MC truck licence with Major Training.
OBJECTIVE OF THE MC LICENCE COURSE
Earning an MC licence with Major Training qualifies you to safely drive a B-double or road train anywhere in Australia.
These are the types of vehicles you’ll be able to drive with an MC licence:
We offer MC gearbox options for:
- Road Ranger (open-class licence)
- Automatic (condition B if not currently open-class licence holder).
DELIVERY OF THE MC LICENCE COURSE
Major Training offers flexible, easy-to-access options that don’t compromise on quality or safety. Find the right MC licence training for your needs below.
THE MC LICENCE COURSE INCLUDES
- Practical MC licence training on all aspects of vehicle operation, including coupling and uncoupling trailers and reversing
- Pre-assessment prior to course
- Workbook/student study book
- Safety videos
- Written and practical assessment on reaching competency
- Nationally recognised statement of attainment to take to Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads or other state transport authority for endorsement.
HEAVY VEHICLE KNOWLEDGE TEST
- Before beginning your medium rigid licence training with us, you must have completed a written heavy vehicle knowledge test taken at a Department of Transport and Main Roads service centre (click here for locations)
- There are ten questions in the test, and you need eight out of ten correct answers to gain your heavy vehicle learner’s licence
- Download your Keys to Driving in Queensland here
- You can practice for your test with the Department of Transport and Main Roads practice road rules test.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- To apply for the MC class, you must have held your current licence for a set period. This period must have occurred in the last 5 years
- You must have held an open or provisional heavy rigid (HR) or heavy combination (HC) licence held for at least 12 months.
- You must successfully complete a pre-assessment and an approved training course.
- You must demonstrate the ability to use automatic and or Road Ranger gear boxes prior to starting the MC licence course.
HR-MC Course for HR Licence Holders – $1,995
HC-MC Course for HC Licence Holders – $1,795
HR-MC Course for HR Licence Holders – Two to two and a half days training
HC-MC Course for HC Licence Holders – One to one and a half days training
An MC licence qualifies you to legally and safely drive two or more trailers, each having a gross vehicle mass greater than 9 tonnes. Holding an MC licence can opens doors to a diverse range of jobs operating the biggest rigs in the country.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognition of previous learning and experience to speed up the process.
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
Call our friendly team on 1300 790 822 to enquire about our other qualifications in the transport logistics and warehousing industry. To get more than your MC licence, consider enrolling in the Certificate III in Driving Operations.