MC Licence to drive a multi combination vehicle
Gain the skills to drive road trains and B-doubles with an MC licence from Major Training.
With multiple locations and flexible delivery options, our exceptional-quality MC licence training is delivered by a genuine, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable team in our well-maintained fleet of modern vehicles.
Courses are available in Brisbane, Ipswich, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast in QLD. Our purpose-built facilities are conveniently located and ideal for real-world experience when training for your MC licence.
Learn more about how to get your MC truck licence with Major Training.
Completing an MC licence with Major Training qualifies you to safely drive a B-double or road train anywhere in QLD and the rest of Australia.
We offer MC gearbox options for:
- Road Ranger (open-class licence)
- Automatic (condition B if not currently open-class licence holder).
Delivery of MC Truck Licence
Major Training offers flexible, easy-to-access options that don’t compromise on quality or safety. Find the right MC licence training for your needs below.
MC Licence Courses Include:
- Practical MC licence training on all aspects of vehicle operation, including coupling and uncoupling trailers and reversing
- Pre-assessment prior to course
- Workbook/student study book
- Safety videos
- Written and practical assessment on reaching competency
- Nationally recognised Statement of Attainment to take to QLD Transport or other State Transport Authority for endorsement
MC Licence Course Requirements
- To apply for the MC class, you must hold your current licence for a set period. This period must have occurred in the last 5 years
- You must have held an open or provisional Heavy Rigid (HR) or Heavy Combination (HC) licence held for at least 12 months.
- You must successfully complete a pre-assessment and an approved training course.
- You must demonstrate the ability to use Automatic and or Road Ranger gear boxes prior to starting the MC licence
MC Licence Cost
HR-MC Course for HR Licence Holders – $1,995
HC-MC Course for HC Licence Holders – $1,795
HR-MC Course for HR Licence Holders – 2-2 ½ days training
HC-MC Course for HC Licence Holders – 1-1 ½ days training
An MC licence qualifies you to legally and safely drive two or more trailers, each having a gross vehicle mass greater than 9 tonnes. Holding an MC licence opens doors to a diverse range of jobs operating the biggest rigs in the country.
Want more than an MC Licence?
Get a nationally recognised qualification with a Certificate III in Driving Operations. Call our friendly team on 1300 790 822 to enquire about our other qualifications in the transport logistics and warehousing industry.