CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting & Decorating
The CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting & Decorating from Major Training is designed to lay the foundations for a career in this growth industry with a Certificate III in Painting and Decorating.
The qualification has core unit of competency requirements that cover common skills for the construction industry, as well as two specialist fields of work. The construction industry strongly affirms that training and assessment leading to recognition of skills must be undertaken in a real or very closely simulated workplace environment and this qualification requires all units of competency to be delivered in this context.
OBJECTIVE of the PAINTING & DECORATING Apprenticeship
This qualification can open up entry-level & experienced job opportunities such as a Painter and decorator.
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for an apprentice pathway the learner must be employed fulltime or part time and have access to a relevant workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the Unit of Competency requirements.
Existing employees/supervisors in the workforce, they may have some prior skills or Statements of Attainment which may be recognised through our recognition process. Delivered through SRTO requirements including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record.
EXAMPLE OF SKILLS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Apply advanced decorative paint finishes
- Apply wallpaper
- Work effectively and sustainably in the construction industry
- Apply decorative paint finishes
- Read and interpret plans and specifications
- Handle painting and decorating materials
- We develop customised Apprentice Training Plans face to face with the employer and the student to ensure your apprentice is learning the right skills for your business
- We provide education & coaching to employers around the supervision ratio & requirements
- We work in partnership with Australian Apprenticeship Networks
- We will train theory and practical skills onsite with your apprentice
- We only employ Industry current trainer/assessors
- We offer support to employers for performance management of apprentices as required
- More career opportunities and upskilling and productivity gains
- Apprenticeships & Traineeships across Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine coast, Morayfield, Ipswich & South East Queensland.
DELIVERY OPTIONS & OUTCOMES
- Delivery model is face to face every 6 weeks approximately at your site or ours as agreed in the training plan
- Assessment includes combination of knowledge, skills observation and employer reports
- Apprenticeship arrangements are over a Nominal Term: 48 Months, criteria applies.
- Apprenticeship Probation: 90 days
- Available to start throughout the year.
- Nationally Recognised Qualification upon successful completion
- More information available in our Student handbook
CREDIT TRANSFER AND /OR RPL
- Students with prior industry experience may be eligible for RPL
- Students with prior Qualifications and/or Statements of attainment may be eligible for Credit Transfer
- Read more here
Did you know that the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers, if your apprentice completes a CPC30611 Certificate III in Painting & Decorating?
Eligible employers may receive the following government incentives:
Additional incentives you may be eligible for:
*These employees’ incentives are not available under C3G funding.
Funding support and employer incentives may be available under the Australian Apprenticeships Incentive Program if the relevant criteria are met.
Course Entry Requirements
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, for an apprentice pathway, the learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace to be able to gain sufficient experience to successfully complete the unit of competency requirements.
Funding & Fees
For further information on funding & fees Click here
- Painting and decorating
- Residential & commercial