Plant Operator Licence Verification of Competency (VOC)
We are your genuine training partners and our high performing, knowledgeable team deliver reliable training solutions that will help keep your team fit for the job.
Since the introduction of National Workplace Health and Safety Legislation in 2012 it’s not enough just to have a plant operator licence or ticket. Employers must take reasonable and practical steps to show the ‘current competency’ of their staff.
Working with industry leaders Major Training Group has developed a reliable flexible formal assessment process that doesn’t compromise on quality. Assessments are conducted by highly experienced industry experts.
From rollers to excavators, dump truck to bobcats, Major Training Group offers VOC assessments across a range of nationally recognised qualifications.
Major Training Group offers flexible, easy to access VOC assessments for a range of machinery including:
- Dump Truck/Haul Truck
- Front End Loader
Plant Operator Licence VOC assessments include:
- 1-2 ½ hours of assessment by our experienced industry professionals depending on plant/employer site or requirements and evidence of expected competency
- Assessment on the job or at a Major Training Group facility
- Verbal and theoretical questions and visual observation and demonstration
- Assessment summary provided to client
- If assessed competent: Licence-sized VOC card valid for 5 years as evidence of current competency
- If assessed not competent: client advised of training gap and course of action required to close it
- Current licence or relevant unit of competency
- Presentation of work documents, logbooks and other evidence of competency
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Age depended on course (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide two forms of identification
- Student must provide evidence of experience within the last two years including employer letters, logbooks, run sheets, timesheets, and invoices.
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection – Hat, long sleeved shirt and pants are also recommended