CPCCLRG3001A, CPCCLRG3002A, CPCCLRG4001A Licence to perform rigging
Our enthusiastic, knowledgeable team deliver high quality, reliable training solutions that will give you the skills to safely work with a wide range of loads and lifting gear on construction and building sites. We operate in Brisbane and surrounding QLD areas such as Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
Major Training Group has a depth of knowledge that only comes from a family owned business with a history of providing plant and transport services to major infrastructure projects; coupled with some of the best trainers in the industry. For your first or next move in the construction industry, Major Training Group will make it happen.
Objective Of The Rigging Training
A Rigging licence with Major Training Group is a nationally recognised qualification that will get you construction site ready for a range of roles that involve for example structural steel erection, movement of plant, hoists, mast climbers, and cantilevered crane loading platforms.
Our basic rigging, intermediate rigging and advanced rigging courses are all designed to provide you with the right qualifications to complete specific jobs on a construction site. We offer our training across QLD in Brisbane as well as Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast.
Delivery Of The Rigging Training In Brisbane
With safety in mind Major Training Group offers flexible, reliable, and easy to access options:
Rigging Licences have 3 levels which must be completed prior to progressing to the next.
Basic Rigging Course takes a step up from Dogman with more advanced safety apparatus and includes inspection of equipment, use of a safety harness, preparing rigging equipment and hazard control measures.
Intermediate Rigging Course builds on basic rigging and introduces advanced safety apparatus construction such as the rigging of cranes and the inspection of tilt panels.
Advanced Rigging Course builds on intermediate rigging and introduces advanced safety apparatus construction such as the rigging of a span rope, derrick or gin pole, or the installation of a swinging stage.
Choose a program that suits you:
Rigging Training Across QLD Includes
- Pre-course study guide
- A detailed training plan
- Classroom based training in health and safety through videos, live demonstrations, and clear instructions delivered by our high performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Written and practical assessment including all training materials
- A hi-vis vest and gloves.
- Reliable practical training to meet logbook hours requirements – shortened logbook hours required for experienced operators
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment
Detailed Course Information
- A current Dogman Licence is required before beginning the Basic Rigging course
- A current Basic Rigging Licence is required before beginning Intermediate Rigging course
- A current Intermediate Rigging Licence is required before beginning Advanced Rigging course
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide three forms of identification click here to view valid
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site; sun protection – hat long sleeves and pants – is also recommended
- A licence fee is payable at the Post Office for high risk plant
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
- Applications for RPL are available through Major Training Group. See our RPL page for more detail
Want more than a licence to rig in brisbane, sunshine coast and gold coast?
Get a nationally recognised qualification with a our new construction skill program and get a Certificate III in Rigging.