RIIMPO317F Conduct roller operations
Become a qualified roller operator with a RIIMP0317F Conduct Roller Operations from Major Training.
Major Training delivers high-quality, reliable training solutions in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast.
As your genuine training partner, we know the earthmoving industry inside out. We can help you gain the knowledge you need to obtain a roller operator ticket and safely and efficiently conduct roller operations in the transport, mining, construction, and agriculture industries.
Earn your roller ticket and get valuable building and construction industry experience from the ground up. Learn more about the RIIMP0317F Conduct Roller Operations course from Major Training.
OBJECTIVE OF THE ROLLER COURSE
A roller operator ticket with Major Training is a nationally recognised unit of competency that’ll give you the skills to operate a roller on a construction site or a building site.
A roller ticket can also lead to jobs in the transport, mining, construction, and agriculture industries.
DELIVERY OF THE ROLLER COURSE
Major Training offers a three-day roller operator training course. Learn in a real-life construction setting and become qualified for roller operations with the course below.
THE ROLLER COURSE INCLUDES
- A detailed training plan developed from our knowledge of the earthmoving industry
- Practical training recorded in a practical skills logbook
- Written and practical assessments conducted on completion of formal training
- All training materials, machinery, and a hi-vis vest.
After completing the training, students will undertake a closed book written theory test and a comprehensive practical test using our machinery. A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to students on successful completion of the course.
STUDENT ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
This course is suitable for students who are currently employed or seeking employment in the construction industry.
To enrol in the roller course, students must:
- Be able to read and write basic English
- Pass a language, literacy, and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Be mechanically minded with an interest in operating heavy machinery
- Be a minimum 16 years of age
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel capped or safety boots on site. Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long sleeves, and pants).
CREDIT TRANSFER AND/OR RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING
If you have prior industry experience, qualifications and/or statements of attainment, you may be eligible for RPL or credit transfer. You can find out more about experienced operator options here.
The grader ticket course is a unit of competency from RII30815 Certificate III in Civil Construction (Plant Operations). Successful completion of the course could count towards achieving this qualification.
The cost of this three-day course is $900, which includes all learning and assessment resources, access to the machinery and entry into the facility.
By completing your roller operator training with Major Training, you’ll be trained in the safe and effective operation of all rollers. Successful students will receive a nationally recognised statement of attainment.
STUDENT SUPPORT OPTIONS
Students have access to a range of support options, including:
- Additional practical training sessions
- Extended learning time
- Alternative training methods and resources
- Access to our experienced staff for one-on-one training
- Recognising your previous learning and experience to speed up the process
Speak to one of our team members to find out how we can support you. Additional costs may apply.
CONTACT OUR TEAM
If you’re looking for a roller training course in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast or the Gold Coast, we can arrange a training program to suit your needs. Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss your options or book in using the course schedule below.