RIIWHS204D Work safely at heights
Be prepared for any jobsite in the building, construction, and mining industries with a working at heights course from Major Training. A Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D) course teaches you the skills and knowledge to take proactive measures to safely work at heights in various situations.
Ensure a safer workforce for your team or upskill for your next career move with nationally recognised working at heights training from Major Training.
Working at heights training from Major Training will give you the skills to proactively react to the risks of working at heights on jobsites in building, construction and mining.
Our working at heights course teaches you the selection, safe use, and maintenance of fall-arrest systems compatible with different jobsites.
A Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D) course covers:
- Regulations and legislation
- Australian Standards
- Risk assessment and hazard elimination
- Equipment selection and use
- Anchor systems, selecting solid and reliable anchorage
- Fall restraint systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Work positioning systems, selection of equipment and correct use
- Fall arrest systems
- Using energy absorbing lanyards
- Correct use of ladders and ladder safety training.
We offer flexible delivery with an emphasis on high-quality, reliable solutions that don’t compromise on safety. If you’re looking for a working at heights course in QLD, you can get your working at heights ticket with Major Training in Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast, the Gold Coast and beyond.
- Distant learning, online and traditional classroom-based delivery available
- Easy to book at a variety of locations
- Group bookings available on our site or yours
- Courses scheduled monthly from 7:30am arrival for an 8am start to 4pm
- Full certification on completion.
- A detailed training plan (applicable to full course only)
- Classroom or online-based training with health and safety, videos, live demonstrations, and clear instructions delivered by our high-performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Written and practical assessment including all workbooks, training materials and a hi-vis vest.
Working At Heights Training Options
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel-capped or safety boots on site
- Sun protection also recommended (hat, long-sleeved shirt and pants)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement) – applicable to full course only
- You may not be able to attend this course if you are pregnant or have a medical condition – applicable to full course only.
A Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D) course is $275.
The full course is completed in 1 day and the refresher course is completed in 4-6 hours.
Upon successful completion of a Work Safely at Heights (RIIWHS204D) course, you will have a working at heights ticket that is recognised all throughout Australia.