Standard 11 (S11)
This Standard 11 Course provides both experienced and inexperienced workers with a pathway from which they can enter the mining industry in Australia. The S11 Program provides training and assessment for the Resources and Infrastructure Industry (RII) Units of Competency which are specified in Recognised Standard 11, Training in Coal Mines (Qld Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999).
The Standard 11 program is the most universally accepted induction program in Australian mining. However, individuals and contractors should confirm induction requirements with the site they will be working on before attending an induction to ensure the process aligns with site processes and is recognised by site.
The S11 Induction program from Major Training Group will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to
- RIIWHS201D – Work safely and follow WHS policies and procedures
- RIIERR205D – Apply initial response first aid.
- RIIGOV201D – Comply with site work processes/procedures
- RIIRIS201D – Conduct local risk control.
- RIICOM201D – Communicate in the workplace
- RIIERR302D – Respond to local emergencies and incidents
The purpose of this course is to introduce participants to the following components of the mining industry:
- General mining overview
- General safety
- Managing workplace hazards
- Risk management
- Isolation and tagging procedures
- Traffic and mobile equipment procedures
- Emergency procedures
- Life saving first aid
- Fire fighting and fire prevention
- The environment
Major Training Group offer flexible delivery with an emphasis on high-quality reliable solutions that don’t compromise on safety.
- Everything you need for start to finish delivered by our knowledgeable training team
- Easy to book; at a variety of locations
- Group bookings available on our site or yours
- Course is run over 2 day from 7.30am to 3pm
Standard 11 courses includes:
- A detailed training plan
- Classroom based training in trainer lead facilitation , live demonstrations, videos and clear instructions delivered by our high performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Quality written and practical assessment including all workbooks and training materials
- Statement of Attainment on successful completion
- Units are nationally recognised
- Be able to read and write intermediate English
- Pass a language, literacy & numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Provide two forms of identification
- Wear steel cap safety or covered boots