If you’re considering upskilling in construction, you may be able to receive support from Construction Skills Queensland. See all funded Short courses and Qualifications here
- General: Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) assists the Queensland building and construction industry by providing funding through RTO’s such as Major Training Group for training and skills development. CSQ funds a variety of programs to reduce the cost for participants or their employers, including:
- Skills Assessment and Gap Training: A program for new and existing workers with significant experience in the industry to undertake Recognition of Prior Learning and gap training to obtain a qualification.
- Short courses: a program for licence training and assessment, Machinery RII tickets and short courses such as Work safely at heights and Enter and work in confined spaces
- Higher level skills: Training in Certificate IV qualifications, Construction Supervisors and Workplace health and safety.
- Trade Start: The program will include Certificate II program along with life skills, green skills and work experience.
- Student Fee Contribution Assistance: assistance with tuitions fees as part of User Choice funded apprenticeship or traineeship qualifications.
Participant Eligibility: An Existing Worker is a current Employee in the Building and Construction Industry who has a one month or more employment relationship with their Employer. The working relationship can be built up through full-time, part-time or casual employment or engagement as a contract worker. For the purposes of eligibility, Participants under this Agreement must meet the following criteria: (a) an Australian or New Zealand citizen; or (b) a permanent resident of Australia; or(c) a refugee and humanitarian visa holder. AND MUST: (a) permanently reside in Queensland; or (b) be permanently employed in Queensland.
- Skills assessment and gap training:
Some workers with civil construction industry experience have many of the necessary skills to perform on the job but do not hold a formal qualification to recognise these skills. Under this program, skills are identified, mapped and gap training is provided in order to provide eligible participants with a nationally recognised qualification. RPL may be granted for a number of units and participants will be required to participate in Gap training if they are unable to provide sufficient RPL information for specific units. RTO’s must provide participants with gap training in a minimum of two (2) gap training Competencies up to (8),
This is funded under the program up to 500 Nominal hours in total. Click here to view qualifications
- Short course funding information:
Funding provided by CSQ under this program is a contribution towards the cost of providing training and assessment services required for the delivery of each accredited competency or non-accredited course.
Funding is not provided for the purposes of covering the cost of a participant applying for a license from a regulatory authority where required.
Construction Skills Qld provide funding to the RTO in the form of a contribution per nominal hour against each eligible short course listed and completed. Participants are eligible for a maximum of three (3) short courses in the same program period. Click here to view short courses
- Higher level Skills training
The Higher Level Skills Training program is a Construction Skills Queensland and Queensland Government initiative which aims to retain the skills of existing workers in the building and construction industry by providing access to civil construction related Certificate IV and higher vocational training – Click here to view qualifications
- Trade Start:
Major is seeking 20 new entrants to construction industry for this program. If you are considering a start in construction industry, want to take that first step or know someone that is suitable; the program will include Certificate II program along with life skills, green skills and work experience. Major is also seeking employers willing to give a new person that opportunity to start their construction career. Contact our office for more details.
We will provide:
- All workbooks, assessments and training materials for each course you complete
- Receipt for payments you make to us outlining courses
- Hi-Vis vest
- Statement of Attainments for each course completed
Major acknowledges the funding provided by Construction Skills Queensland for all of these programs. Important Information
Please click here read our complete Terms and Conditions and Refunds & cancellations policy.