Up-skilling your team with nationally recognised qualifications from Major Training Group is always an investment worth making. Federal and State Governments also recognise the need for that investment and offer a range of funding options.
Our knowledge and expertise extend beyond course content and we can give you advice and guidance on which funding options fit best with your skills and goals.
As an RTO with over 2o years’ experience, Major Training Group deliver courses that are eligible for a range of funding options that essentially fall into four categories:
- The learner must be employed full time or part-time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification.
- Contributes to the cost of approved courses delivered by eligible RTOs to apprentices and trainees in Queensland.
- The subsidy is determined by how critical the occupation is to the economy
- Funding is available to year 12 graduates, for school-based apprenticeships, and for existing workers
- Training delivered through SRTO requirements including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record
- Fee-Free Training is available for Apprentices and Trainees under 21 at the time of enrolment into a Priority One qualification.
- Apprentice and trainee rebate for payroll tax
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Provides subsidies for qualifications and RTOs listed on the Queensland Skills Gateway List
- The amount of subsidy is determined by how critical the occupation is to the economy
- Funding is available to trainees completing their first post-school certificate III qualification
- Year 12 graduates studying high priority qualifications may also be eligible
For more information go to our Certificate 3 Guarantee Funded Courses page
VET in Schools
Major Training Group offers a range of courses for Secondary School Students through our VETiS (V.E.T in Schools) programs to help students as they embark on their career pathway.
Courses such as Certificate II in Engineering Pathways & Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation are available.
The Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program offers eligible employers and trainees’ incentives to invest in skills-based training including:
- Priority occupations on the National Skills needs list
- Rural and regional skills shortage incentives
- Over 45 Mature Aged Apprentice Worker Scheme incentive (MAWS)
- School Based incentive
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ)
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an industry-funded body that supports the workforce in the building and construction industry.
CSQ Funded courses include:
- Higher Qualifications
- Short Courses
BERT Training Fund (BTF)
BERT Training Fund (BTF) is a joint Union and Employer initiative which provides members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) with funding and assistance to improve their skills. The fund which was previously known as the Queensland Construction Training Fund (QCTF) was established in 1991 to enable the industry to take responsibility for the funding of its training needs. Find out more about BERT Funding here
Self Funding – Fee for Service
Students wanting to enrol in a course are able to self-fund their training via bookings with credit cards, cash or Majors Study now, pay later options.
Study Now, Pay Later
Study Now and Pay Later with up to 12 Months Interest-Free. Major Training Group has can now offer you the opportunity to pay your course on a flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan. This new option is safe, simple and is a convenient way to pay for your course over time. It provides you with the flexibility to start your buy today and pay later on an interest-free payment plan. The process is entirely paperless and designed around simplicity. Find out more information about Study Now, Pay Later here