Up-skilling your team with nationally recognised qualifications from Major Training Group is always an investment worth making. Federal and State Governments also recognise the need for that investment and offer a range of funding options.
Our knowledge and expertise extends beyond course content and we can give you advice and guidance on which funding options fit best with your skills and goals.
As an RTO with over 2o years’ experience, Major Training Group deliver courses that are eligible for a range of funding options that essentially fall into four categories:
- The learner must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification.
- Contributes to the cost of approved courses delivered by eligible RTOs to apprentices and trainees in Queensland.
- The subsidy is determined by how critical the occupation is to the economy
- Funding is available to year 12 graduates, for school based apprenticeships, and for existing workers
- Training delivered through SRTO requirements including development of a Training Plan, Employer Resource Assessment and completion of a Training Record
- Apprentice and trainee rebate for payroll tax
- For more information go to our Userchoice page for more information or our click here to view our range of Apprenticeships and traineeships.
Certificate 3 Guarantee
Provides subsidies for qualifications and RTOs listed on the Queensland Skills Gateway List
- The amount of subsidy is determined by how critical the occupation is to the economy
- Funding is available to trainees completing their first post-school certificate III qualification
- Year 12 graduates studying high priority qualifications may also be eligible
- For more information go to our Certificate 3 Guarantee page
Year 12 Fee Free
Queensland Year 12 graduates can study with Major fee-free within a year of leaving school. To support Queensland’s year 12 graduates to successfully transition into employment, a range of certificate III level qualifications can be undertaken at no cost to the student.
The Fee-free training is accessible under the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee program. Fee-free training is available for high priority certificate III level training in skills areas most needed by industry and government.
You are eligible for Yr 12 Fee Free funding if you meet the eligibility requirement of C3G funding and enrolled in a Certificate III qualification with an RTO within 12 months of completing year 12 at secondary school
VET in Schools
Major Training Group offers a range of courses for Secondary School Students through our VETiS (V.E.T in Schools) programs to help students as they embark on their career pathway.
Courses such as Certificate II in Engineering Pathways & Certificate II in Recourses and Infrastructure Work Preparation are available.
Back to Work – South East Queensland
From 1 July 2017, the Queensland Government’s Back to Work South East Queensland program will provide support for employers who hire a long term unemployed or young unemployed jobseeker in the South East Queensland region. Employer Support and Youth Boost Payments will be available for employers who hire an eligible jobseeker between 1 July 2017 and 30 June 2018 (subject to the availability of funds).
What is the program?
The Back to Work – South East Queensland Employment Package (Back to Work SEQ) is a one-year $27.5 million initiative designed to give businesses the confidence to employ long-term unemployed and unemployed youth (15-24 year-olds) jobseekers in South East Queensland (SEQ). This program aims to facilitate unemployed jobseekers into the labour market and support them to create a strong connection to the labour force. Employer Support and Youth Boost Payments are available under these guidelines to employers who meet all the program eligibility criteria.
Where is the program delivered? Back to Work SEQ Employer Support Payments and Youth Boost Payments are offered in the following areas:
- Gold Coast
- Scenic Rim
- Lockyer Valley
- Moreton Bay
- Sunshine Coast
The Australian Apprenticeships Incentives Program offers eligible employers and trainees’ incentives to invest in skills-based training including:
- Priority occupations on the National Skills needs list
- Rural and regional skills shortage incentives
- Over 45 Mature Aged Apprentice Worker Scheme incentive (MAWS)
- School Based incentive
- Apprenticeship & Traineeships with Major
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ)
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) is an industry-funded body that supports the workforce in the building and construction industry. It is a basic equipment to be eligilble you must be an Existing Worker is a current Employee in the Building and Construction Industry.
CSQ Funded courses include:
- Skills Assessment and Gap Training
- Higher Level Skills
- Short courses
- Trade Start
- Student Fee Contribution Assistance
BERT Training Fund (BTF)
BERT Training Fund (BTF) is a joint Union and Employer initiative which provides members of the Building Employees Redundancy Trust (BERT) with funding and assistance to improve their skills. The fund which was previously known as the Queensland Construction Training Fund (QCTF) was established in 1991 to enable industry to take responsibility for the funding of its training needs. Read more here.
FEE FOR SERVICE – SELF FUNDING
Students wanting to enrol in a course are able to self-fund their training via bookings with credit cards, cash or Majors Study now, pay later options.
Study Now, Pay Later
Study Now and Pay Later with up to 12 Months Interest-Free. Major Training Group has can now offer you the opportunity to pay your course on a flexible weekly, fortnightly or monthly payment plan. This new option is safe, simple and is a convenient way to pay for your course over time. It provides you with the flexibility to start your buy today and pay later on an interest-free payment plan. The process is entirely paperless and designed around simplicity.