The Higher Level Skills program aims to assist individuals to gain the higher-level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry, or to transition to university to further their studies.
Training is subsidised by Queensland government and is paid to the RTO providing the training. There is a necessary co-contribution fee from the student for enrolment & training.
It is important that you consider and compare your training options and ensure they align with your chosen career pathway. Once the Certificate IV & higher course has been completed, you will have used your only
Higher Level Skills program subsidy entitlement.
Eligibility requirements for Higher Level Skills funding if:
- You are 15 years of age or older
- Have finished or left secondary school (with the exception of VET in Schools students)
- Are a Queensland resident
- Australian citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrant) or temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permit on the pathway to permanent residency or a New Zealand citizen
- Prospective students must not have or be enrolled in a certificate IV level or higher qualification (not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training).
- Employment status does not matter, nor is there any minimum education requirement, except the standard entry requirements for the course
How to apply for Higher Level Skills funding:
- Check out our range of courses below
- Call us on 1300 790 822 to discuss what course is right for you.
- Provide us with your Date of Birth and Full Name.
- Please note: Student fees may be paid on behalf of a student by a referring agency such as a Job Active or other employment service provider.
For funded amounts click here
More info from Department of Employment, Small business & Training: