Major Training Cairns is a purpose-built facility to provide certified apprenticeship and training courses in Cairns. A family run business that has been in operation for over two decades, Major Training is passionate about educating and empowering students. The team is excited to become a part of the Cairns community, which prompted them to invest in a brand-new training location in north Queensland. At this facility, you’ll be able to learn a range of skills to help advance your career in any of the following industries:
- Civil engineering
Whether you’re looking to upskill for a new role, learn a new skill such or secure an apprenticeship in Cairns, Major Training is a great first step towards achieving those goals.
When it comes to apprenticeship training and training courses, Major Training takes an innovative and modern approach. Hands-on learning that gives students the opportunity to learn in an interactive environment helps strengthen new and old skills. Comprehensive apprenticeship training and training courses guide students through experiences that ensure well-rounded knowledge, unlike traditional block training options.
As a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) in Cairns, we take training and safety seriously. All courses are delivered by experienced trainers in safe, controlled environments. We ensure our training is both relevant and compliant, and we are committed to empowering students with the confidence to use their new skills.
Training Courses Available in Cairns
Major Training offers a wide variety of courses to suit individual needs and circumstances. At our Cairns facility, courses include:
- Apprenticeships and traineeships – Major Training offers a range of apprenticeships and traineeships in Cairns including engineering, civil construction, carpentry, automotive and painting and decorating.
- VET in Schools – Students can get a head start on their future while they finish high school with Vocational Education and Training (VET) in Schools. Courses include electrotechnology, construction, engineering, and logistics.
Students can learn in specialized apprentice training, including:
- UEE30811 Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician*
- CPC30211 Certificate III in Carpentry*
- CPC30611Certificate III in Painting & Decorating*
- AUR30616 Certificate III Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31116 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- MEM30205 Certificate III in Engineering Mechanical (Mech Fitter, Diesel Fitter or Fitting & Turning)
- MEM30305 Certificate III in Engineering Fabrication (Boilermaker or Surface prep & finishing)
- MEM40105 Certificate IV in Engineering
- RII30815 Certificate III Civil Construction (Plant Operations)
Along with apprenticeships, students can achieve specific knowledge to help them excel in their traineeships, including:
- Certificate III in Civil Construction (Road & Bridge Construction, Pipelaying)
- BSB30415 Certificate III Business Admin
- BSB30115 Certificate III in Business
Our Cairns Training Facility
72 McLeod St
Phone 1300 790 822
Our RTO Cairns facility has been designed to maximise our students’ potential. Learn applicable skills for your chosen profession or trade from highly skilled trainers and take the right steps towards achieving your professional goals.
All students can enjoy specialised environments and training from highly skilled training providers in Cairns. Classroom facilities await students enrolling in business and management courses, and workshop sites are ready to help trade apprentices in Cairns learn their necessary skills.
Independent students and employers looking to upskill their staff may be eligible to receive funding to support training. Reach out to our team to see if you can benefit from government incentives.