Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work with structured training and can be full-time, part-time, or school-based – where some of the training is undertaken while the apprentice or trainee is in high school. To undertake an Apprenticeships & Traineeship with Major you must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification. Existing employees may undertake an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Information for Apprentices
- The prospective student must be employed full time or part time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification.
- You do not need a secondary school certificate or other qualification to be able to do an Australian Apprenticeship.
- You can do an Australian Apprenticeship if you are a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers.
- You can even begin your Australian Apprenticeship while you’re still at school finishing Years 10, 11 and 12.
- Australian Apprenticeships offer opportunities for you to train, study and earn an income at a variety of qualification levels in most occupations as well as in traditional trades.
- As an Australian Apprentice, you can combine time at work with training, and can be either full-time, part-time or school-based.
- When you finish your Australian Apprenticeship, you will have a nationally recognised qualification that can take you anywhere in Australia and one that is held in high regard in many overseas countries as well.
- You will have many options for your future to think about and choose from.
- For further information, read the Australian Apprenticeships – Endless Career Possibilities brochure or if you want to become an apprentice give us a call or read more here
Information for Employers:
Did you know that the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers?
Employing an Australian Apprentice is a smart investment in the future of your business. Investing in training through an Australian Apprenticeship can provide your business with real benefits and contribute to your bottom line. A range of financial incentives may be available to you when you employ an eligible Australian Apprentice.
Did you know there is also a 50% Payroll Tax Exemptions for employing Trainees/Apprentices?
See our Apprenticeships & Traineeship page for course options & the benefits of training with Major.