The User Choice 2017-20 program provides a public funding contribution towards the cost of training and assessment for eligible apprentices and trainees.
The program is designed to provide employers and their apprentices and trainees with the ability to select their preferred registered training organisation (RTO) from a list of Queensland Government pre-qualified suppliers (PQS) for the delivery of the accredited training to meet their specific needs.
Queenslanders may only access a maximum of two government contributions. It is therefore important that apprentices and trainees ensure the decision they make will lead them to their future chosen career. Their decision may affect their access to further funding in the future.
Free apprenticeships for under 21s
The Queensland Government will cover the full cost of training for apprentices and trainees, under the age of 21, who commence or are undertaking a priority apprenticeship or traineeship qualification from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2023.
Apprenticeships and traineeships combine work with structured training and can be full-time, part-time, or school-based – where some of the training is undertaken while the apprentice or trainee is in high school. To undertake an Apprenticeships & Traineeship with Major you must be employed full time or part-time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification. Existing employees may undertake an apprenticeship or traineeship.
Information for Apprentices
- The prospective student must be employed full time or part-time and have access to a workplace relevant to the qualification.
- You do not need a secondary school certificate or other qualification to be able to do an Australian Apprenticeship.
- You can do an Australian Apprenticeship if you are a school-leaver, re-entering the workforce or as an adult worker simply wishing to change careers.
- You can even begin your Australian Apprenticeship while you’re still at school finishing Years 10, 11 and 12.
- Australian Apprenticeships offer opportunities for you to train, study and earn an income at a variety of qualification levels in most occupations as well as in traditional trades.
- As an Australian Apprentice, you can combine time at work with training, and can be either full-time, part-time or school-based.
- When you finish your Australian Apprenticeship, you will have a nationally recognised qualification that can take you anywhere in Australia and one that is held in high regard in many overseas countries as well.
- You will have many options for your future to think about and choose from.
For further information, check out Australian Apprenticeships – Endless Career Possibilities brochure or our Information for Apprentices & Trainees page
Information for Employers
Did you know that the government can provide up to $10,500 in incentives for employers for eligible Apprentices and Trainees?
Employing an Australian Apprentice is a smart investment in the future of your business. Investing in training through an Australian Apprenticeship can provide your business with real benefits and contribute to your bottom line. A range of financial incentives may be available to you when you employ an eligible Australian Apprentice.
Did you know there is also a 50% Payroll Tax Exemptions for employing Trainees/Apprentices? For more information check out our Information for Employers page
For funded amounts click here
See our Apprenticeships & Traineeship page for course options & the benefits of training with Major.