Major Training offers a Vocational Education and Training in Schools program (VETiS) in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast. Our flexible training options are delivered face-to-face and tailored to students’ individual needs.
Designed to be undertaken one day per week, VETiS training can be made available to students while they’re still in high school.
What is VETiS?
VETiS is an educational program that allows students to get nationally recognised qualifications during their schooling. Students learn the knowledge and skillset needed for specific industries.
Students typically receive training one day a week while studying their senior certificate. VETiS training is typically facilitated through a registered training organisation and in conjunction with the school.
What do VETiS programs involve and how do they work?
Major Training’s VETiS programs involve a detailed training plan developed in conjunction with the school. They provide students with appropriate work placements and training. Upon successful completion of a VETiS program, students will be awarded a nationally recognised Statement of Attainments and Certificates.
How long do VETiS programs take?
VETiS programs usually take 2 semester to complete, depending on the type of qualification and training schedule undertaken by the student.
What are the benefits of undertaking a VETiS course while in school?
VETiS programs offer a range of benefits, including:
- A nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course
- Foundational skillsets required for future employment
- Practical learning opportunities through work experience
- Credit toward a high-school certificate and vocational studies, or university qualifications
- Assistance with transitioning from high school to paid employment.
How do I enrol into a VETiS Program?
Talk to your guidance officer, career counsellor, vocational education coordinator or head of senior schooling about what might be a suitable qualification to pursue. For more information on VET in schools, visit the Department of Education’s website.
How is VETis funded in Queensland?
In Queensland, VETiS is funded by the VET investment budget. This delivers funding to any RTO approved by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training as a pre-qualified supplier (PQS).
Please view our funding page for more information.
VETiS Programs Available
If you’re ready to enrol in a VETiS Programs, Major Training offers the following courses:
- Certificate I Construction (CPC10111)
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways (MEM20413)
- Certificate II in Logistics (TLI21815)
- Certificate II in Electrotechnology (Career Start) (UEE22011)
- Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation (RII20115 )
For more information on how to enrol in a school-based VETiS program with Major Training, speak with our friendly team by calling 1300 790 822, or enquire online today.