|VET in Schools Programs | Major Training Group|
Major Training Group offers a range of VETiS programs as well as school based apprenticeships. Our training is flexible and is typically delivered face to face and tailored to your individual needs. VET in Schools (VETiS) is training that is made available to students while they are still at school and can be undertaken for 1 day a week.
Programs are created specifically to reflect the needs of industry and provides nationally recognised qualifications that are developed with the industry to provide the foundational skills sets needed to work in industry. VETiS qualifications can be undertaken by students who are in year 10, 11 or 12 and can contribute towards their Queensland Certificate of Education.
Majors VETiS Programs Include:
- Certificate II in Automotive Underbody Technology
- Certificate I Construction
- Certificate I in Engineering
- Certificate II in Engineering Pathways
- Certificate I in Recourses and Infrastructure
- Certificate II in Recourses and Infrastructure Work Preparation
- Certificate II in Warehousing
- Certificate II in Logistics
Benefits of VETiS programs:
- Provide students with a nationally recognised qualification upon successful completion of the course.
- Teaches foundational skills sets required for future employment
- Provides practical learning through work experience
- Contributes credit toward a High School Certificate
- Credit toward Vocational, TAFE or University Study
- Assists students in the transition period from high school to employment
Major Training Group can also deliver:
- Courses from Certificate I to Diploma level, Plant Tickets & Short courses.
- School Based Traineeships
- School community training information nights
- Programs for disengaged youth
- Year 12 Fee Free Training (Queensland)
- Genr8 and other programs developed by the DET Queensland
- A detailed training plan developed in conjunction with the school to ensure individual needs are met.
- Appropriate work placements
- Classroom based or online training including health and safety, videos, live demonstrations, and clear instructions delivered by our high performing, knowledgeable trainers
- Quality written and practical assessment including all training materials and a hi-vis vest.
- Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainments and Certificates upon successful completion.
Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS) is VET undertaken by students whilst still at school, eligibility criteria applies however these programs are now fully funded. NOTE: Queensland Year 12 graduates can study with Major fee-free within a year of leaving school, view the funding page for more information.
For more information about funding support, call Major Training Group today on 1300 790 822.