TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
Gain the skills to safely operate a forklift in the workplace with a forklift licence from Major Training Group. We deliver high quality, reliable forklift training solutions across QLD that will give you the skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance as a forklift operator in any industry.
The Licence to Operate A Forklift Truck (TLILIC0003) is a nationally recognised forklift licence that qualifies you to operate a forklift anywhere in Australia.
You’ll train in a well-maintained fleet supported by our knowledgeable team. We deliver high-quality, reliable forklift training solutions across QLD that give you the skills to meet the highest standards of safety and compliance as a forklift operator in any industry.
A Licence to Operate A Forklift Truck (TLILIC0003) with Major Training Group teaches you how to safely plan the forklift work, conduct routine checks on a forklift truck, shift loads in a safe manner, and safely shut down and secure equipment after completing operations.
Successful completion of our forklift course will result in a forklift ticket. You’ll require a valid forklift licence to remain employed or gain employment as an operator of these vehicles. These versatile machines are used across a range of industries and are a great start to any career.
We provide forklift training across the state in areas including Brisbane, the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast. Contact us to arrange a training event at your site or one of our purpose-built facilities to get your forklift licence in QLD.
Major are now offering some of our High Risk and Short Courses programs online as our courses advisers for more information.
- Elevating Work Platform
- Basic Rigging
- Working at Heights
Major Training Group offers flexible, reliable, and easy-to-access forklift training options that let you learn on the job.
With the Licence to Operate A Forklift Truck (TLILIC0003), you get:
- Pre-course study guide
- Detailed forklift training plan
- Classroom-based training in health and safety through videos, live demonstrations, and clear instructions delivered by our experienced trainers
- Written and practical assessment including all training materials and a hi-vis vest
- Reliable practical training to meet logbook requirements – shortened logbook hours required for experienced operators
- Nationally recognised statement of attainment for your forklift ticket.
- Be able to read and write basic English (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Pass a language, literacy and numeracy assessment (LLN)
- Minimum 18 years of age (Workplace Health and Safety requirement)
- Provide three forms of identification – click here to view valid documents
- Wear steel-capped or safety boots on site
- Sun protection is also recommended (hat, long-sleeved shirt and pants).
Forklift Licence Renewal QLD
- High-risk work licences have a 5-10 year lifespan – after this time, the licence will need to be renewed. This is done via the WHS website.
- If your high-risk work licence has expired, you have up to 12 months to renew the HRW licence.
- If your high-risk work licence has expired, you are no longer a licenced operator until you have it renewed.
- If it’s past the 12-month period, the operator must do the written and practical exam again.
- A VOC cannot be done on an expired licence.
The Licence to Operate A Forklift Truck (TLILIC2001) is $579. For more information about the costs of our forklift training, get in touch with our helpful staff on 1300 790 822 or make an online enquiry.
The Licence to Operate A Forklift Truck (TLILIC2001) is completed in 25 hours over 3 days.
Upon successful completion of the Licence to Operate A Forklift Truck (TLILIC2001), you’ll be qualified to safely operate a forklift in the workplace anywhere in Australia. This forklift licence is valid for 5-10 years.
Frequently Asked Question's
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Major Training is now offering forklift training online. Although we’re still open for business and operating as usual, providing digital access to our curriculum has made it easier for students and staff to follow social distancing guidelines.
We’ve made many options available to assist students during their online forklift training, including Skype and Zoom. Trainers can also be contacted via phone and email, so students have constant support. The amount of face-to-face training required to complete the forklift qualification has been reduced to one day of practical and gap training, and one day of assessment.
To ensure everyone’s safety, we’ve also implemented an increased cleaning schedule in high-contact areas, including reception, classrooms and common areas. All trainers only work in small groups or one-on-one while maintaining a distance of at least 1.5 metres from students at all times (or 2sqm in enclosed spaces). Fortunately, we have enough room at our facilities to accommodate these social distancing measures.
Please contact us for more information.